Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy™
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy™ (AOBT) is a barefoot massage technique using deep compression effleurage strokes that glide over the body. Gravitational force is combined with centrifugal and centripetal movements.This creates a structural change in chronic soft tissue damage. Correct application will provide deep relaxation and stimulate the lymphatic system of the body. Ceiling bars are used to support and balance the therapist and lubricant is applied to the body. Scroll down to see a picture of a session in progress!
Please read this page carefully and make note of the contraindications listed below. If you schedule an appointment and Christine feels Ashi is not appropriate for you, she will provide a regular deep tissue session. We are taking these precautions to avoid client injury because the depth and style of pressure are different for AOBT. With clear and precise communication, Christine will arrive at a compression level that is therapeutic for each client. She will confirm that you understand the nature of the technique and that you do not have preexisting conditions that should prevent you from having a session. We also ask that you give immediate feedback during the session to avoid any discomfort.
This work is known as "The Deepest, Most Luxurious Massage on the Planet" so we're sure you will enjoy it!
AOBT should not be received if any of the following circumstances are present:
- Pregnant or trying to get pregnant
- Breast implants within 9 months
- Boils, skin lesions or abscesses, varicose veins
- Recent eye procedures/ Lasik surgery within 72 hours
- Tuberculosis, thrombosis, aneurysm, kidney disorders, recent bowel or hernia surgery
- Any acute inflammatory conditions such as active phlebitis/ cellulitis
- Persons on Coumadin, Lovenox, Heparin or heavy aspirin
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure or heart condition, pacemaker, stent or shunt
- Rib fracture, osteoporosis in advance stage
- Any recent (acute) injuries or surgeries